The health, safety and welfare of our guests and staff is of utmost importance.
During this time of heightened public health concern, Lake Junaluska has implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitation processes pursuant to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and other leading health and industry experts.
Please also be aware that the increase in group gatherings, catering, banquets, and events along with the nationwide staffing shortage in the hospitality industry has led to longer wait times for assistance. In addition, Lake Junaluska is not currently providing in-room housekeeping services during guests’ stay. We are doing our best to accommodate guest needs and exceed expectations. Thank you for your patience!
Lake Junaluska also offers a variety of meeting spaces and venues including outdoor spaces like our open-air gym and lakeside deck that allow for social distancing as well as many meeting room set-ups to make sure your group can gather safely while they’re here.
Sanitation and Cleaning
- Hospital-grade sanitizers will be used to disinfect your hotel room.
- In lobbies and public areas, sanitation technicians will sanitize and clean all high-touch points such as door handles and elevator buttons.
- Hard surfaces at the front desk will be sanitized continually throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front desk and main entrance of The Terrace Hotel and Lambuth Inn, as well as at all Lake Junaluska guest service areas.
- The majority of guest rooms at Lake Junaluska, including all guest rooms in The Terrace Hotel, are equipped with decentralized air conditioning and heating systems.
- The windows of every guest room at Lake Junaluska can be opened for added air circulation.
- Lake Junaluska offers a range of outdoor venues for events.
- Plexiglass screens are in place at The Terrace front desk, Lambuth Inn front desk and other customer service counters at Lake Junaluska.
- Room key cards will be sanitized before you receive them.
To minimize risk, limited housekeeping services will be offered during your stay.
- Housekeepers will not provide in-room service during your stay.
- Additional supplies can be provided by our housekeeping or front desk staff at any time during your stay.
- Staff working indoors in public settings are required to wear face coverings when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Community Level for Haywood County is medium or high.
- Staff working indoors in public settings are not required to wear face coverings when the CDC COVID-19 Community Level for Haywood County is low.
- The current CDC COVID-19 Community Level for Haywood County can be found on the CDC website
The Lake Junaluska Assembly Public Works security team provides 24-hour police protection for the grounds, 365 days per year. To reach the officer-on-duty, please call the Security Office at 828-734-5575 or the 24-hour Haywood County Sheriff’s Department Dispatch line at 828-452-6666. In case of emergencies, please call 911.
We also invite you to view our safety policies for guests (PDF).
Updated May 5, 2022
Do you have a question about health and safety at Lake Junaluska? Call 800-222-4930 or email email@example.com.
Nestled in the heart of Lake Junaluska, the lakeside Terrace Hotel is convenient to the Harrell Center, Stuart Auditorium and the Rose Walk. Come relax in a rocking chair on one of the balconies or read a book by the large fireplace in the spacious lobby.
Built in 1921, Lake Junaluska’s “stately lady” is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A renovation in 2018 added modern conveniences while preserving the inn’s historic details and atmosphere. Stroll through the gardens to nearby Inspiration Point to watch the sunset over the lake and mountains.
Have your travel plans changed?
If you made your reservation directly with Lake Junaluska, please call 800-222-4930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your reservation. If you booked your trip via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals, please contact your booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
Group & Meeting Bookings: If you need to update your reservation for your group’s stay, please contact the group’s event planner who booked the program at Lake Junaluska. They have committed a certain number of rooms during the group’s stay and will want to know if you are canceling your reservation. If you are the meeting planner and need to update plans for your upcoming event at Lake Junaluska, or you would like to plan an event, please contact our Group Sales team at email@example.com or 828-454-6650.
Explore accommodations at Lake Junaluska, from a contemporary lakeside hotel to vacation rental homes.