Enjoy exploring Lake Junaluska and taking easy day trips to quaint mountain towns and top Western North Carolina attractions from the Lake Junaluska Campground.
Open mid-spring through late fall, our pet-friendly campground is convenient to Highway 19 and offers spacious full hook-up RV sites, tent camping, a log cabin, apartments and a spacious meeting lodge. Wireless Internet access and cable are available in the log cabin, apartments and some RV areas.
Campground guests also enjoy complimentary access to Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center’s lakeside outdoor swimming pool (open Memorial Day Weekend-Labor Day), shuffleboard, tennis, playground and lakeside walking trail.
Please note that the campground is not lakeside; it is located across from Lake Junaluska on Highway 19.
Reserve a Campsite
- Spacious full hook-up RV sites with water, sewer and electric. Cable TV and Wi-Fi available at some sites.
- 50 amp level back-in and parallel sites
- Mezzanine level with decks
- 50 amp level pull-through sites for big rigs, including toy haulers
- 30 amp back-in sites, including shaded sites
- Pets allowed at tent and RV sites (Limit 2 dogs per site. Cats are also welcome.)
- Separate shaded tent area with raised gravel pads
- Picnic tables at all sites and fire rings at many RV sites and all tent sites
- Handicap bathroom, laundromat and rustic bathhouses
- Complimentary access to Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center’s seasonal outdoor lakeside pool
- Close to the Lake Junaluska Golf Course, Junaluska Gifts & Grounds gift and coffee shop and The Terrace Hotel, which offers a hot breakfast
- Campground meeting lodge available (Download PDF of floor plan)
Lake Junaluska Campground Physical Address
(not a mailing address)
50 Camp Adventure Dr.
Waynesville, NC 28785
Latitude 35 degrees 31’21.92”N
Longitude 82 degrees 58’56.10”W
The Lake Junaluska Campground Cabin is powered by Vacasa. Learn more and reserve online.
Consider an extended stay at the Lake Junaluska Campground by working as a volunteer camp host offering hospitality to our campground guests, managing the campground and discovering all the beauty of Lake Junaluska and the mountains of Western North Carolina. Learn more about Lake Junaluska campground host responsibilities (PDF). To volunteer, please complete our campground host volunteer online interest form.
Leslie I, Tripadvisor Review, August 2022
The campground is very neat and clean and everyone there was kind. We were there for a month and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. …
We love staying at this campground
Tammy1121, Tripadvisor Review, August 2022
We have stayed here several times, we absolutely love it… They have everything you need around, kayaks, paddle boards, swimming, fishing, nice apartments in campground…
Excellent cabin rental
davidpH3529OB, Tripadvisor Review, October 2021
We stayed in the deluxe cabin in the campground. It was very clean and neat, great views and we enjoyed our stay very much and hope to return very soon. …