Relax and reflect during a Blue Ridge winter mountain getaway at Lake Junaluska.
The months of January-March are the most tranquil at Lake Junaluska – a perfect time for relaxing getaways to rejuvenate your body and soul. Stay at The Terrace Hotel or Lambuth Inn and enjoy our many lakeside amenities, including the 3.8-mile trail for winter strolls, where you can spot our beloved swans and bald eagles, curl up with a book by the large stone fireplace in The Terrace Hotel lobby, or visit one of our gardens or places of meditation to take in long-range views that are sure to renew your soul.
Winter is also a great time to browse galleries and shops in nearby Waynesville and Maggie Valley, take a day trip to tour the Biltmore House in Asheville, or hit the slopes at nearby Cataloochee Ski Area. We invite you to stay with us when you ski or snowboard at Cataloochee, and we offer winter youth group ski packages!
Please note the lake level may be below full pool between December and March due to a lake drawdown.
2021 Travelers' Choice by Tripadvisor
With hundreds of acres to explore, our mountain lake destination features a variety of places to stay – including a contemporary hotel, historic inn and vacation rental homes. Both The Terrace Hotel and Lambuth Inn received the prestigious 2021 Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award for being rated in the Top 10% of Hotels Worldwide!
The Terrace Hotel
The Terrace Hotel is one of the few lakeside hotels in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Book a lakeside room for snowy mountain views. Cozy up next to the large lobby fireplace while sipping hot tea or cocoa. Rates include a hot breakfast at The Terrace Hotel dining room with scenic indoor and outdoor seating, and access to many lakeside amenities. Read more about The Terrace Hotel and check availability online now.
The historic Lambuth Inn sits high on a hill above the lake with a “national park lodge” feel. Built in 1921, recent renovations have added modern guest comforts while preserving the charm of the beloved landmark. Curl up with a good book on one of the many couches in the cozy lobby, or step outside for the best views overlooking the snowy lake and Great Smoky Mountains from Inspiration Point. Read more about Lambuth Inn and check availability online now.
Balsam Range Art of Music Festival
Hosted by internationally acclaimed group Balsam Range, the Art of Music Festival features concerts by some of the top bluegrass and acoustic musicians in the nation.View Event
Lake Junaluska Golf Course Package
Enjoy a round of golf for two people including cart at the Lake Junaluska Golf Course plus two nights at The Terrace Hotel or Lake Junaluska Apartments with hot breakfast at The Terrace Hotel Dining Room each morning. The package includes:
- Two (2) Nights lodging at The Terrace Hotel or Lake Junaluska Apartments at Lake Junaluska
- Hot Breakfast Daily at The Terrace Hotel Dining Room
- One round of golf for two people, including golf cart
- 10% off Lake Junaluska Golf Course Pro Shop Merchandise
- Pricing Information:
- Package pricing varies depending on the lodging preferences selected.
- Booking Details:
Book By Phone
Call 800-222-4930 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Click "Book Now."
- Select an arrival date and 2 or more nights for your stay.
- Look for "Golf Course Package" rates and click "Show Rooms" to see room availability and prices.
- Choose a room, click "Book Now," complete your reservation and mark your calendar to join us for a great golf getaway!
Balsam Range Art of Music Festival Package
Enjoy on-site festival lodging at Lake Junaluska, premium reserved seating at the 2024 Balsam Range Art of Music Festival concerts and more when you purchase a 2024 festival package. The 2024 Balsam Range Art of Music Festival concerts will be Friday, Dec. 6, 2024, and Saturday, Dec. 7, 2024, with a kickoff event on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2024. The 2024 festival package includes:
• Nightly guest accommodations (2-night minimum) at The Terrace Hotel or Lambuth Inn
• Tickets for premium reserved seating for the 2024 Balsam Range Art of Music Festival concerts at historic Stuart Auditorium at Lake Junaluska on Dec. 6 & Dec. 7, 2024, for each registered guest
• Breakfast each day of your stay, served at The Terrace Hotel
• Lake Junaluska Gift Upon Arrival (one per room)
• Festival workshops on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2024
- Pricing Information:
- A variety of pricing options are available for consideration between The Terrace Hotel and Lambuth Inn packages based on length of stay (2-night minimum) and room type. Please review options online or call reservations at 800-222-4930 for assistance.
- Booking Details:
Visit our online reservation system. Under the “Art of Music 2024" option, select "Show Rooms" and choose your room. To add or change your reservation dates, click "Change Request." Please note a two-night minimum stay is required, and tickets to the festival kickoff event on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2024, must be purchased separately.
Book By Phone
Our reservations team is available by phone at 800-222-4930 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Cataloochee Ski Area
Ski and snowboard at Cataloochee Ski Area, located just 12 miles away from Lake Junaluska. Go to our Ski Trips Guide for much more information.
Shop and Dine
Explore the longtime mountain resort town of Maggie Valley with several miles of local shops, restaurants and things to do. It’s just a few miles from the hotel.
Explore Mountain Towns
Stroll the historic Main Street of downtown Waynesville filled with galleries, boutiques, restaurants and Mast General Store. It’s just 4 miles away.
Asheville & Biltmore
Make a day trip to downtown Asheville or the famous Biltmore House at Biltmore Estate, just 30 minutes east.
Want to explore a trail this winter? Lake Junaluska is an easy drive to Chestnut Mountain Nature Park in Canton, which features mountain biking, hiking and picnicking, and about 18 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park. (Photo courtesy Chestnut Mountain Nature Park)
Aerial Challenge Course
Area attractions include Asheville Treetops Adventure Park, which offers an aerial challenge course in the trees with over 77 unique climbing, rolling, walking, jumping, swinging, and rappelling challenges anchored to over 30 trees and towering poles.