Ideally situated in a mountain valley, Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center provides a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Escape to one of our lakeside hotels or relax on a front porch rocking chair, gazing at the lake and the panoramic vistas of the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains. You’ll enjoy comfortable summers, followed by glorious falls. While winter’s snowfall blankets local mountains, our valley is mostly mild and easy to access. Spring is always spectacular with the abounding beauty of trees and flowers.
Steeped in Wesleyan heritage, Lake Junaluska first opened its doors at Stuart Auditorium in 1913. We are historically connected to The United Methodist Church and open to the public year round for conferences, group retreats, recreation, weddings, reunions, family events and vacations.
For more than 100 years, we have been a home for people seeking relaxation, recreation and renewal. Whether for a weekend getaway or week-long conference let us be your place in the mountains. Come and join us this year!
91 N. Lakeshore Dr.
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Our vision is to become known as the most welcoming and inviting place for personal renewal in the United States.
To accomplish our mission and vision we aspire:
- To preserve and enhance the lake and grounds so that more people will recognize the natural beauty of God’s creation.
- To be a Conference Center that rivals hospitality industry leaders by exceeding guests’ expectations through excellence in staff and facilities.
- To be the place that connects more youth to Christ through meaningful ministry, recreation and education programs.
- To identify, uphold and strengthen the Lake Junaluska tradition of implementing innovative shared experiences for both individuals and families that celebrate faith, recreation, the arts and education.
- To be an involved, inclusive community that provides the highest quality of life for our residents and guests.
- We are driven by our mission.
- We are knowledgeable and engaged.
- We are welcoming to all people.
- We are people of integrity.
- We are constantly improving.
Lake Junaluska Strategic Vision
In March of 2020, the Board of Trustees adopted a strategic vision for the future of Lake Junaluska. This expansive document was based on two years’ worth of input from community members and stakeholders in the ministry of Lake Junaluska. Click here to download a full copy of the vision document (PDF).
Lake Junaluska offers programs, retreats, spiritual events, conferences, devotions and worship services in connection with our mission: to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind, and body.
- Expand Lake Junaluska Board of Trustees contentCollapse Lake Junaluska Board of Trustees contentLake Junaluska Board of Trustees
Cissy Taft Hicks
Lisa Stockton Howell
John Scott, Board Chair
- Expand Are you open year-round? contentCollapse Are you open year-round? contentAre you open year-round?
- Expand Do I have to participate in an event or program to stay at Lake Junaluska? contentCollapse Do I have to participate in an event or program to stay at Lake Junaluska? contentDo I have to participate in an event or program to stay at Lake Junaluska?
- Expand Do you have a campground? contentCollapse Do you have a campground? contentDo you have a campground?
Yes, the Lake Junaluska Campground is full-service.
- Expand Can I come just to visit, not to attend a conference? contentCollapse Can I come just to visit, not to attend a conference? contentCan I come just to visit, not to attend a conference?
- Expand Do I have to be a Methodist? contentCollapse Do I have to be a Methodist? contentDo I have to be a Methodist?
No, all are welcome at Lake Junaluska.
- Expand How can I learn more about the history of Lake Junaluska? contentCollapse How can I learn more about the history of Lake Junaluska? contentHow can I learn more about the history of Lake Junaluska?
Books available at Junaluska Gifts & Grounds, located in the Harrell Center, explore Lake Junaluska’s history, and a community library is next door. There are also historical markers around the Lake Junaluska grounds, and guides aboard summer lake cruises history and stories of the lake during seasonal tours.
- Expand What is there to do at the lake? contentCollapse What is there to do at the lake? contentWhat is there to do at the lake?
For more information, please visit our Things to Do page.
- Expand Can I fish in the lake? contentCollapse Can I fish in the lake? contentCan I fish in the lake?
Yes, fishing is permitted in designated fishing areas with a valid N.C. fishing license.
- Expand Do you have any packages with area attractions, such as the Biltmore Estate, rafting, and skiing? contentCollapse Do you have any packages with area attractions, such as the Biltmore Estate, rafting, and skiing? contentDo you have any packages with area attractions, such as the Biltmore Estate, rafting, and skiing?
Please call our reservations team at (800) 222-4930 to learn more current lodging packages and tickets to area attractions.
- Expand Where are you located? contentCollapse Where are you located? contentWhere are you located?
We are centrally located in the Southeastern United States near Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Visit our page for directions to Lake Junaluska from Asheville, Knoxville and Atlanta.
- Expand How do I get around the lake? contentCollapse How do I get around the lake? contentHow do I get around the lake?
Download one of our maps or request a map at the front desks to help navigate your way around Lake Junaluska.
- Expand How do I get to Lambuth Inn if the bridge over the dam is closed? contentCollapse How do I get to Lambuth Inn if the bridge over the dam is closed? contentHow do I get to Lambuth Inn if the bridge over the dam is closed?
Access to Lambuth Inn via the bridge over the dam is weather dependent. Lambuth Inn can always be accessed by using our main entrance at 91 N. Lakeshore Drive, then following wayfinding signs.
- Expand Is Lake Junaluska a nonprofit organization? contentCollapse Is Lake Junaluska a nonprofit organization? contentIs Lake Junaluska a nonprofit organization?
Lake Junaluska is a non-profit organization. To view a copy of the IRS 990 form, please contact us.