November 2, 2023
Lake Junaluska won six awards recently including a special recognition in the Print Publications category at the United Methodist Association of Communicators Awards ceremony in Charleston, South Carolina.
UMAC recognizes excellence in communication through an awards program for the following categories: print publications, digital publications, writing, internet communications, video production, audio, photography, visual design, publicity/advertising and media presentations.
The awards honoring Lake Junaluska are:
- Best in Class 1, Lake Junaluska staff, The Robert F. Storey Award of Excellence, Discover Lake Junaluska 2023 magazine and visitor guide, Class 1 Print Publications
- First place, Lake Junaluska staff, Discover Lake Junaluska 2023 magazine and visitor guide, Special Publication, Section or Supplement Category General/Agency Division
- First place, Teresa Tate, director of Lake Junaluska’s Marketing and Communications Department, “Sacred Journeys,” Feature Article Category, General/Agency Division
- Third place, Lake Junaluska staff, Lake Junaluska Facebook, Social Media Online Content Category, General/Agency Division
- First place, Kayla Masterman and Rebecca Mathis, Lake Junaluska Day 2023, Television Ad or Promotion Category, General/Agency Division
- First place, Sydney Sullivan, Baptism at Lake Junaluska, Photojournalism Category, General/Agency Division
A beloved spiritual retreat center and scenic community in the mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska welcomes guests and residents every day to recharge, renew and reconnect.