The Junaluska Leadership Award is awarded annually to an individual or individuals who support the mission and ministry of Lake Junaluska Assembly through a labor of love, time and gifts. Nominations are submitted to the Lake Junaluska Associates Council each spring and awards are given during Associates Celebration Weekend. Up to three awards may be given annually.
Lake Junaluska’s unique name comes from Junaluska Mountain, which was named after a Cherokee leader who saved Andrew Jackson’s life. This prestigious award, also named after Junaluska, recognizes those who demonstrate leadership in philanthropic giving and advancing the Lake’s mission. Learn more about Junaluska’s life and leadership.
AWARD ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Supports the mission and ministry of Lake Junaluska Assembly through a labor of love, time and gifts.
- Demonstrates a history of charitable support at the Lake Junaluska Associates level ($250+).
- Shows leadership in philanthropic giving and advancing the mission of Lake Junaluska to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
- Is not a current employee of Lake Junaluska.
- Is not a current member of the Lake Junaluska Associates Council.
If you prefer to submit a paper nomination form, please download and print the nomination form below and mail in the completed form.